- Tension type headache
- Chronic Daily Headache
- Chronic Migraine
- Cluster headache
- Menstrual Migraine
- Menstrual Migraine Treatments
- Medication Overuse or Rebound Headache
- Exertional Headache
- Organic Headaches
- Orgasmic and Sex Headaches
- Posttraumatic Headache
- Stabbing Headache or Icepick Headache
- Sinus Headache or Migraine?
- What do brain tumor headaches feel like? Find reassurance
- Thunderclap Headache
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalgias
- Toxic/Metabolic Headaches
Organic headaches are due to underlying medical disorders such as infection, tumor, or stroke.
In the case of tumor, the headache usually appears and gradually grows worse over time. Infections also may grow worse over time, but may do so more quickly.
This type of headache is a type of secondary headache, meaning that it is due to a secondary cause.